Monday, June 29, 2009

Another great quote

I can't resist posting this one as well: "The command of the gospel is a summons to give the allegiance of body and mind, heart and soul, to Jesus; and its basis is neither more nor less than the event that constituted him in Paul's eyes as Messiah and Lord--namely, his resurrection. And it is in the proclamation of this gospel, and its acceptance in faith, that people begin to glimpse a great curtain being drawn aside and the covenant faithfulness and justice of God displayed to view." (Wright, p. 427)

Yes! That is exactly what I would say about my own experience of God. At some point I realized that I could give my allegiance to God because God was and is absolutely trustworthy. And that continues to be the case. Whenever I start to worry, God enters into my life in a way that reminds me that God is in control.

No comments:

Post a Comment