Thursday, January 19, 2012

A Letter to Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.


Dear Dr. King,
Thank you for your dream. Your passionate words helped a whole generation understand what the kingdom of God would be like.  Our world is beginning to change and I can see glimpses of your dream becoming reality; though we still have a long way to go.  Thank you for the way in which you lived out your faith and your commitment to the kingdom. You were not perfect; you had your flaws and failures. And that too is a gift, because I am not perfect either and it helps to know that imperfect people can be faithful and effective people. Thank you for fighting hate with love and conflict with peace.  You are one of my heroes and inspirations, because you followed Jesus where he led you and I am trying to do that too.  I look forward to the day when we can walk together in the new Jerusalem and see that God’s kingdom is as beautiful and wonderful as you dreamed it would be.

No comments:

Post a Comment