Wednesday, July 21, 2010

At Noah's Ark

Tonight we went to the concert at Noah's Ark. It was a great concert. If we could bottle the energy we wouldn't need oil! But what really hit me was the message by the band leader. He was about my age; talked about a writer in the 60's who had so much hope that the youth of our country would make a difference in the world and learn to be servant leaders. That was my generation~the ones who became the "me" generation.

What happened to us? Can we change? Can we somehow help this generation to become better and wiser than we turned out to be? I hope so. I pray so.

The speaker urged the kids to make their lives count. I urge the "me" generation to become the generation that discovers how to change even in the later years of our lives. We too can still make a difference if we keep our eyes on God and our hearts tuned to the kingdom and our wills led by the Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment