Saturday, April 11, 2009

Good Friday

Good Friday is always a moving experience for me. Whether I am the one presenting a service for just a few, or participate in a Tenebrae service of darkness such as we had on Thursday or am part of an incredible experience like the one last night of singing The Seven Last Words by Dubois, I need this time to prepare for Easter. When I celebrate Communion on Maundy Thursday I feel the presence of Jesus as the real host at the table. And I realize how much each of the persons I serve is beloved of God. It helps me to love them too; even the ones I don't really know, even the ones I do know and don't really like!

I need to be reminded that I am a part of the crowd that cries "He is death guilty, Let us crucify him!" But I also need to remember that no matter what I have done, I can come to the point of praising, "Christ we do all adore thee."

These last two days have made the sacrifice of God in Jesus real for me once more. I am looking forward to Easter. We may live in a Good Friday world, as someone has said, but Easter's coming! Praise the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment